Apply for Name reservation:
- File LLP Form No. 1 (Application for reservation or change of name) by logging on to the LLP portal along with the fee prescribed and attaching the digital signature of the designated partner proposing to incorporate a LLP.
- The approved name of LLP shall be valid for a period of 3 months from the date of approval. If the proposed LLP is not incorporated within such period, the name shall be lapsed and will be available for other applicant/ LLP.
- Please note that there shall not be any provision for renewal of the name.
- Name of the LLP shall end with either ‘Limited Liability Partnership’ or ‘LLP’. Word ‘limited’ shall be allowed in name only within ‘Limited Liability Partnership’.
Changes in name or address of partner
- Every partner shall inform the LLP of any change in his name or address within a period of fifteen days of such change. The LLP, in turn, would be under obligation to file such details with the Registrar within thirty days of such change in Form 4.
- Appointment of at least two “Designated Partners” shall be mandatory for all LLPs.
- Every LLP shall be required to have at least two Designated Partners who shall be individuals and at least one of the Designated Partner shall be a resident of India.
- In case of a LLP in which all the partners are bodies corporate or in which one or more partners are individuals and bodies corporate, at least two individuals who are partners of such LLP or nominees of such bodies corporate shall act as designated partners.
Appointment and Resignation of Partner
- e-form 3 and e-form 4 are required to be filed for appointment of new and resignation of existing partners within thirty days of such cessation or appointment without additional fee and with additional fee thereafter.
- The change in partner’s details can be intimated by filing e-form 4 within thirty days of such change without additional fee and with additional fee thereafter.
- If there is any e-form 3 and any e-form 4 for cessation of a designated partner or partner pending for payment of fee any e-form 3 and any e-form 4 is under processing in respect of the LLP. In such a case another e-form 3 and e-form 4 cannot be file